Skip to Content
- 30 min
- 55 min
- 14 straws
- 375 ml (1 2/3 cup) store-bought puff pastry
- Flour, for dusting
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) Mustard
- 100 ml (1/2 cups) Cathedral City Mature Cheddar Cheese, grated
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 200°C (400°F).
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Unroll the store-bought puff pastry on a lightly floured work surface, into a large rectangle around 0.5 cm thick.
- Turn the pastry so that the longest side is facing you, spread the mustard evenly on the pastry, sprinkle with Cathedral City Mature Cheddar Cheese and season with plenty of black pepper.
- Cut the pastry into long strips. Carefully twist each piece of pastry 4 or 5 times so it looks like a curly straw, then place on the baking sheet.
- Chill the pastry twists in the fridge for 15-20 minutes.
- Brush the Cathedral City Mature Cheddar Cheese straws with the beaten egg.
- Bake them for 20-25 minutes, or until the pastry is well risen and golden brown.