- 30 min
- 55 min
For the Baked Mature Cheddar Cheese Tourte
- 500 ml (2 cups) Cathedral City Mature Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) Saputo Ricotta di Campagna Cheese
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) Saputo Parmesan Shredded Cheese
- 10 ml (2 tsp.) fresh sage, chopped
- 1 pinch of freshly ground pepper
- 200g (7 oz.) store-bought puff pastry
- 1 egg, beaten
For the Cranberry and Orange Mostarda
- 250 ml (1 cup) fresh cranberries
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) Grand Marnier
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) orange juice
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) mustard seeds
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) golden sugar
- Preheat oven to 190°C (375°F).
For the baked mature cheddar tourte
- In a bowl, combine the Cathedral City Mature Cheddar Cheese, Saputo Ricotta di Campagna Cheese, Saputo Parmesan Cheese, sage, and pepper. Set aside.
- On a clean work surface, sprinkle a bit of flour and roll out the pastry dough approximately ¼-inch thick. Using a cookie-cutter or bowl, cut out two 6-inch circles. Place one circle on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Place the cheese mixture in the centre of the dough and, using your fingers, wet the edges. Cover the cheese with the second dough circle and roll up the excess dough to seal the tourte. Refrigerate for 10 minutes. In a bowl, combine the beaten egg with 15 ml of water. Brush egg mixture over the tourte. Bake in the centre of the oven for approximately 25 minutes, or until golden.
For the cranberry and orange mostarda
- In a saucepan set over medium-low heat, cook all the ingredients for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve the tourte with the mostarda and crackers and/or bread.